The last few weeks have been busy for our Arrow Vale students as they have been working hard to recycle an old mannequin into an art-angel at ‘Your Ideas’.
It all started with a mannequin from the Worcester Resource Exchange…
- We then sanded the mannequin down and spray painted it metallic gold.
- Then came the blue and gold beaded highlighted hair and the tribal-esque tattoo on his upper back.
- His chest was then embellished with coins from a mix of different countries (some were eyed up by local youngsters thinking they could use them at the local chippy!).
- We then started a patterned tattoo leg sleeve to add to his eclectic look.
- A visit from artist Callum Marshall gave Gabriel an incredible set of life size wings using wood, wire, cling film and tissue paper.
- The next stage will be to paper mache the wings, spray paint them gold and add designs on them. Then we will work on covering the rest of his body.
I’m sure you will agree that he is already an impressive addition to our project, we can’t wait to see him finished so we can display him in our window for all of Matchborough to see!